Monday, February 19, 2007


Who's Your Daddy, Peyton?

When I first launched this blog last fall I mentioned that I would write about, among other things, the brilliance of New England Patriots QB Tom Brady. While one would naturally interpret that as meaning his brilliance ON the field - he has won 3 Super Bowls and 2 Super Bowl MVP's to date - I am making my first Brady post to recognize Tom for his recent accomplishments OFF the field. In all fairness, it should be noted that this angle became much more appealing to me after New England's loss to Peyton Manning and the Super Bowl champion Colts in the AFC Championship game. As a New England area sports fan, Tom Brady related gossip is all I have until the Red Sox season starts.

This past December, Brady broke up with longtime girlfriend, actress and former model Bridget Moynahan after the pair dated for three years. Not long after it was rumored and then confirmed that Brady was dating supermodel Giselle Bundchen, with reports that she waited for him outside his locker room in San Diego after the Patriots beat the Chargers in the playoffs and that he was photographed coming out of her New York apartment. All I am going to say about this is that when your REBOUND is a hot Brazilian supermodel that once dated Leonardo DiCaprio then you are truly big time.

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=183728

That brings us up to today, with Moynahan's announcement that she is more than three months pregnant and that former boyfiend Brady is the father. I have to admit that when I read this story my first reaction was negative, in that Brady got Moynahan pregnant, broke up with her and is now running around with a supermodel. Plus, I kind of liked Moynahan. She is attractive, intelligent and a 5'9" brunette, which is my type in case you didn't know (Call me, Bridget, I'm listed). Not that this has anything to do with anything, but her character Natasha got totally screwed over by Mr. Big on "Sex and the City" when he married her and then subsequently cheated on her with Carrie. I would have stayed with you, Bridget, if it's any consolation.

I wonder how this development will affect Brady's golden boy image if it does at all. Maybe it was his way of stealing the spotlight back from Super Bowl XLI MVP Manning, who finally eclipsed him on the field this year. Or perhaps Brady is in the early stages of a planned jump to the NBA, where fathering multiple children from different unwed mothers is no biggie. Surely the former sports network ESPN is already planning a "Tom Brady's Top 10 Girlfriends" segment to air in a future edition of Sportscenter, which should be the final arbiter of this important debate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home