Sunday, August 05, 2007

My Hometown

So, I made a swing back home to the northeast last week. The timing of the trip was more or less determined back in March when I got tickets to see The Police at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, CT. The show was on July 31st and my birthday on August 3rd, so I decided to get in some quality time with my mom in West Hartford and visit with some other family and friends as well, a little pre-birthday celebration. My buddy Mike, a childhood friend since the 2nd grade, ventured up from North Carolina to visit his family and go to the Police show with me.

By the numbers, here is a little breakdown of the trip:

3 - Times the departure of my flight from Chicago changed, eventually settling on 9:45p.

3 - States covered during my visit: Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

2 - Movies seen, including "The Simpsons Movie" and a French film called "My Best Friend."

8 - Family/Friends seen. Family: My mom Jean, grandmother Alice, aunt Linda, cousin Frankie. Friends: Mike, Jon, Brad and Art.

1 - Red Sox games watched on NESN. It would have been more if I hadn't been out so much.

2 - Trades made by my sports teams, with the Celtics getting Kevin Garnett and the Red Sox getting Eric Gagne.

5 - Stores I went to looking for a Randy Moss Patriots jersey or a Kevin Garnett Celtics jersey.

0 - Randy Moss or Kevin Garnett jerseys found.

7 - Items of clothing purchased at Bob's Stores for me by my mom, all birthday presents.

2 - Visits to the West Hartford Public Library to check my e-mail.

40 - Minutes it took to get to the Police show.

18 - Dollars spent on two fine 20 oz beers at the Police show, a Stella Artois and a Bass.

100 - Minutes it took to get home from the Police show, 80 of which was spent getting out of the parking lot.

1 - Eagles that dive bombed my mom's car on the way to Bradley International Airport, nearly causing a wreck and scaring the living crap out of myself (the driver), my mom and Mike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home