Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday and Bruce!

Despite the fact that I was not that enthusiastic about the matchup this year, I of course watched the Super Bowl with a friend in East Bay yesterday afternoon. I mean, it's the Super Bowl after all and I am a guy who likes watching football, sitting on a couch and drinking beer. Even if the game sucked I'd figured I'd see some good commercials plus Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at halftime. Got to love a 3:30p kickoff and the whole she-banga-bang being over by 7pm. I am liking those early west coast starts for evening sporting events.

As it turned out, the game was terrific and I had to grudgingly give the Steelers some credit for the clutch drive at the end and amazing TD catch by MVP Santonio Holmes. And Bruce rocked the halftime show with "10th Avenue Freeze Out," "Born to Run," "Working on a Dream" and "Glory Days." Loved how he changed the baseball reference in "Glory Days" and made it "Had a friend who was a big football player back in high school...he could throw that hail mary, make you look like a fool boy." Great stuff.

I was even more pumped this morning after I got tickets for the opening night of Springsteen's tour on April 1st in San Jose, lower level seats. Heard the new record is great and will be picking it up later this week. Perhaps a review to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home